Hello, I’m Zoe.
I believe that stories and books have great power to connect, inspire and encourage us in our own narratives. Through sharing my story, God’s story and inspiration from beautiful books, I want to bring both your imagination and your reality alive.
I’ve always loved both words and being creative, having grown up in a home where both of those passions were encouraged. My love of reading and words lead me to study English Literature at university, where a combination of inspirational literature and deeper study of scripture started my love affair with letters- drawing and writing quotes and pretty words. I started this blog as a way of sharing our everyday stories of which creating, faith and motherhood play a big part.
In 2014 I graduated and moved ‘down South’, finding myself at home with two young children and a dormant creativity. I soon found myself lettering my favourite verses and quotes, and later stumbled into weaving. Weaver fever soon hit, and I started designing book inspired wall hangings to bring books alive.
I’m at home with my now three littles, and love finding ways of inspiring them to read, dig deep into their own stories and to be creative. Decorating with meaningful art and words has been such a joy and a great way to bring books to life in our home. I decided to open up my little shop so that I can inspire you to let your own imagination take flight and celebrate the role of stories in your home and life.
My heart is for you to know that you are not alone, that your story matters, whatever part of the tale you find yourself in right now.
A few things about me:
- ‘Zoeprose’ is both an anagram of my name (Zoe Rose P) and a tribute to my love of words and flowers.
- I really don’t like tea or coffee- I prefer cold drinks or sometimes a hot chocolate beneath a snuggly autumn blanket instead.
- I love Jesus, I love church family and digging into God’s word to get to know Him more.
- I was 18 when my husband Josh and I got married– time has flown since- nearly seven years ago now!
- We both grew up in the countryside, then lived in York for a year, Sheffield for four, and now we’re back to country life.
- I long for simplicity, minimalism even- but our house is usually an organised mess.
- Since I knew how to write I have written stories, inspired by the books I devoured. Words are wired into me somehow, and our study is a mass of books and notebooks which I have collected.
- My childhood ambition was to be an author, and a mummy.
- Libraries, bookshops and craft shops are some of my happy places. They are brimming with potential and my imagination runs wild!
- For years I suffered from wanting to do all the crafting- stockpiling supplies but never really sticking with anything, to my husband’s dismay! Now weaving and watercolour are my favourites, as well as Bible journalling.
- I love to bake. Cooking isn’t always so fun!
Please do stay awhile, grab your favourite drink, have a break and get encouraged. I would love to hear from you- you can use the social media icons to connect with me, or email me at hello[at]zoeprose[dot]com.
Don’t forget to sign up to the newsletter to get inspiration, encouragement and real life tales to help you in your own story.
Here are some other places you can find my writing:
Christmas in my corner of the UK– Melanie Pickett’s blog.
Everyday – the Storying Sheffield blog
My Testimony Tuesday with Holly Barrett.
Having children young– Laura’s Lovely Blog.