This apple and cinnamon cake is a perfect traybake for autumn days.
1. Cream 175g marg and 175g sugar together.
2. Add three eggs, with a little flour, beat in.
3. Sift 125g plain flour and 3 teaspoons baking powder, mix.
4. Add cinnamon to taste – I used about two teaspoons.
5. Peel, core and slice two large cooking apples, or three or four small ones.
6. Put half of the cake mixture into a lined 7 inch square tin, add a layer of apple on top. Repeat.
7. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar. Bake at 190 c, 375 F or Gas Mark 5 for 40 mins.